- Material / Dark theme for the Review page1 May 2016
- Over at the forums, magnontobi has shared a new theme for the flashcard review page based on Google's "material" design. It's very easy to install with the Stylish extension in your browser. Check it out if you're tired of the blue gradient! ;)
- Remembering the Kanji available on Apple iBooks store25 March 2016
- Remembering the Kanji 1 (€ 28,99) and RtK 2 (€ 22,99) are available as ebook in the Apple iBooks store since last month. Thanks to Jeroen for the information! I created a forum topic to discuss this particular edition.
- Introducing White Rabbit Press and the Kanji Poster9 March 2016
- I'm pleased to introduce a new sponsor, White Rabbit Press !
Tokyo-based White Rabbit Press produces several top-selling products for Japanese language learners. Included in their catalog are Kana Flashcards with unforgettable visual and verbal mnemonics; an essential series of Kanji Flashcards; a definitive Kana Reference Poster, and JLPT and Heisig Kanji Posters. They also produce a series of Japanese Graded Readers for iPad (soon to be updated for iPhone and Android).
White Rabbit also runs a shop with hundreds more Japanese language titles hard to find outside Japan. If that’s not enough -- they are also pioneers of proxy-buying service in Japan with White Rabbit Express (now in it's 10th year of operation). Use this link to sign-up, and get a $5 credit on your first order.
Special Offer for Kanji Koohii members! Use coupon code KOOHIHEISIG during checkout in their shop and get a 20% discount on the Laminated Heisig Kanji Wall Poster.
- Happy New Year !8 January 2016
- Happy New Year everyone! Here is an update on the end of the year donation run. We have reached approx. 774 EUR ! Thank you!
Continuing from last post, in chronological order and up to December 31 : many thanks to Лукьяненко, Levon, Zachary, Xavier, Rebecca, Catherine, Sebastian, Francesca, Ayman, Robert, Jean M., Andrew, Michael, Jarmo and Benoit. As well as Kenneth and Eric who should have been included in the last post, my apologies!
I hope I can still make some valuable improvements to the website this year. Right now I have quite a bit on my mind as I need to move back to Brussels where I used to live many years, settle there in a new place and find new employment. I can't wait though, because the last couple years I have felt increasingly isolated and living outside of the capital wasn't working out for me.
Please note that donations aren't the only way to support the site. Links to Kanji Koohii and our community forum have always been extremely useful. Much of the new visitor traffic to this site comes from links in popular blogs and social sites, that are often several years old! If you love the site please consider leaving a mention / link on your blog, Twitter feed, etc. This can have a great impact over time, thank you!
- Who's Reviewing? (small update)24 December 2015
- You can now access the Reviewing Today members list from the Review drop down (top navigation). The list shows members who are using Kanji Koohii's Spaced Repetition along with their flashcard total. This page was no longer linked to during the redesign earlier this year. Thanks to Xavier for reminding me about it!
The most efficient way to remember the meaning and writing of Japanese characters.
Review, Share and Improve!
See your progress Visualize your progress as stacks of flashcards. Reviews are automatically scheduled based on your past results.
Review the kanji Review the kanji online. Repeat more of the difficult characters, and less of those that you know well.
Share mnemonics Feeling stuck? Share stories with fellow learners. Find help and encouragement on the community forums!