News for June 2013
- Introducing Cooori.com30 June 2013
- I am pleased to introduce a new sponsor Cooori.com:
Cooori is a company committed to making the best language learning systems in the world. Cooori's online Japanese learning system is an ideal complement to Remembering the Kanji. Whether you are studying for the JLPT N5, N4, N3, or N2, or you want to expand your vocabulary to read a manga, Cooori's flexible online learning system can greatly increase your efficiency. Learn anytime and anywhere, and let Cooori's A.I. help you save time and learn more material compared to a course or program that moves at a fixed rate.
Cooori has also developed mobile apps like a free Japanese English dictionary which boasts quick and easy search with an easy-to-use interface. The dictionary is available for both iOS and Android devices. For travellers and language enthusiasts, Cooori has released LingoWorld, an app that teaches basic phrases in over 10 languages. LingoWorld is currently available on iOS devices from the Apple App Store.
- Preliminary support for 6th edition, new lessons page?17 June 2013
- Update: The RTK 6th Edition Support development is put on hold indefinitely, due to lack of feedback on this feature. I posted a prototype for a new lessons page on the forum, hoping that would generate some ideas.
RTK 6th Edition Users: All the 6th edition characters are available in the Study pages and the keywords are mostly identical, however the frame numbers (the index) is different. To add flashcards with the 6th edition index, have a look at the 6th Edition Frame Number Converter kindly shared by gomtuu on the forums.
- JapanesePod101 6-Month Premium is 45% OFF17 June 2013
- JapanesePod101 is running a promotion called the "6 Month Challenge":
6-Month Premium Subscriptions are only $66 (that's 45% OFF full price) from June 17th, 2013 until June 28th, 2013 at midnight, Eastern Standard Time. Coupon code SIXMONTHS.They are also launching a redesigned lesson pages and "giving all Free Lifetime Account users another 7-day Premium trial to fully experience the new layout".
When you buy a premium membership through this link to JapanesePod101 (or the one in the sidebar) you will also be supporting this website, thank you!
- Character pronunciation on the Study page3 June 2013
- A minor update today adds one common On reading (on-yomi) below the character on the Study pages. This was requested for Reviewing the Hanzi, and I figured it might be useful also here.
Please note there is only one On reading displayed per character. The intention is not to document fully each character but to provide an additional cue for the mnemonics, which is the main focus of the Study pages.
Also note that for very common Japanese characters there are often two or more common readings, therefore if the one you see is not the one you expected, it may just have a frequency that is slightly above another common reading.